Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Friday 14 November 2008

Opholdstilladelse

I finally received my Danish "green card." It's printed in my passport.


I have, until now, had trouble believing that this move would actually happen. And then when I learned my passport was lost last week, I thought my suspicions had been confirmed. But now that I have my opholdstilladelse, it's starting to seem real. That and the fact that our apartment is basically empty (or in boxes ready to be loaded onto a large ocean-going container).

I'm not nervous. I'm not sad. I feel like I did before The Bois was born. Like I can hardly wait for a wonderful new phase of life to begin.

Running Song of The Day: Now by Mates of State

4 comments:

Danni said...

So exciting!!! I'm really hoping you blog all about Denmark. Inquiring minds want to know thins like -- is it really dark in the winter? What's the coffee like? Do they eat a lot of unusual (to Americans) fish items? And, I knew you'd get your papers in time.

Olga said...

Congratulations! Definitely exciting!

Michelle said...

That is very exciting!

I personally love change, but my poor hubby hates it. There have been many times I've tried to coax him into leaving this area, but he doesn't want to budge. :-(

Can't wait to hear all about the move when it happens!

Olga said...

And I had become an American today:)